View Full Version : E-Book Conversion Tool

kgns
11-27-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't know if you guy's are aware but the IPhone / Touch has a book reader called Stanza. The developers have produced a PC tool that converts a whole lot of eBook types to others eg. LIT to HTML, Adobe, eReader, Word etc, etc
The best bit is it's free, so it's a great investment :)

Sorry if I'm repeating this :smack:

You can get it from here http://www.lexcycle.com/ :thumbsup:

mtravellerh
11-27-2008, 06:26 AM
:rofl:
Good one. You know, we have an integrated search engine here. Try it out with "Stanza"

igorsk
11-27-2008, 06:28 AM
I've heard Stanza removes all formatting (italics, bold, pictures etc.) and apparently it was posed as a "feature". Is it still doing that?

kgns
11-28-2008, 02:14 AM
:rofl:
Good one. You know, we have an integrated search engine here. Try it out with "Stanza"

I tried the search feature but 3 trillion results :book2: so took the easy way out and posted it instead :chinscratch:

kgns
11-28-2008, 02:21 AM
I've heard Stanza removes all formatting (italics, bold, pictures etc.) and apparently it was posed as a "feature". Is it still doing that?

I formatted a Word doc and all screwed and you can't read it, then save the doc as RTF and you could read it but no longer formatted eg. no bold, italic and tabs, but still readable

tHeFiRsTiDioT
11-28-2008, 04:01 AM

Yes, I opened a pdf in stanza desktop and all the formatting is gone. In fact, even some paragraph breaks are gone.
Sheesh