View Full Version : Mobipocket Creater--Anyone have a copy?

Gladtobemom
10-27-2008, 02:14 AM
I have been trying to get to the Mobipocket website all day.

Had a hard drive crash and I've been putting my applications back on the new computer. I need the creator.

Does anyone know why Mobipocket is down for so long?

HarryT
10-27-2008, 04:12 AM
Presumably they too have had some kind of hardware problem. I'm sure it'll be back today (Monday) when they get back to work.

Gladtobemom
10-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I was able to download it this morning. I've downloaded both the creator and the reader to my "archive of apps."

It just kinda freaked me out just a little bit.

Thanks for the patience.

JSWolf
10-31-2008, 06:56 AM
How do I convert a prc file into pdf or doc file? i've heard of amber converter but i don't know which one to use.I have ebooks in mobipocket and i want to convert them to pdf or doc for esier reading.......:rofl:
Have you taken your meds today?

Slite
10-31-2008, 06:58 AM

In other words, why destroy a book in a very good format for e-readers and convert it into something that looks like crap on most e-readers today? :)

pilotbob
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
How do I convert a prc file into pdf or doc file? i've heard of amber converter but i don't know which one to use.I have ebooks in mobipocket and i want to convert them to pdf or doc for esier reading.......:rofl:

I assume you are kidding? But, if not, stanza will export an ebook to PDF.

BOb

DMcCunney
10-31-2008, 08:19 PM
cassida stated desire for a Sony Reader elsewhere. Mobipocket files would be of limited utility...
______
Dennis

JSWolf
10-31-2008, 10:53 PM
cassida stated desire for a Sony Reader elsewhere. Mobipocket files would be of limited utility...
______
Dennis
Strip the DRM, convert to LRF using Calibre and voila, very much useful.