View Full Version : PID doesn't match this file

Bob Butler
10-17-2008, 11:38 AM
I bought a secure mobi file from Fictionwise during their recent sale and tried to use Kindlefix for the first time..

The PID on Fictionwise matches my Kindle as shown both in MobiReader and by KindlePID, but the KindleFix reports "PID doesn't match this file"

At first, I thought it was because Fictionwise had corrupted the PID (my PID list showed the Kindle PID both with and without the '*'), but I asked them to remove the bad PID and it still fails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

texasnightowl
10-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Do you have both your PC PID and Kindle PID listed at Fictionwise? Seems that I recall people occasionally having issues with 2 PIDs listed.

Alternately, remove your Kindle PID from fictionwise and use your PC PID and mobidedrm instead (this is what I do)

pilotbob
10-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stupid question. After the PID was removed from fictionwise did you redownload the ebook file. Are you sure you are running on the re-downloaded file?

BOb

Bob Butler
10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Stupid question. After the PID was removed from fictionwise did you redownload the ebook file. Are you sure you are running on the re-downloaded file?

Yes, and Yes

I do have my desktop PID listed on Fictionwise though. Maybe that's the problem.

Bob Butler
10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
...And now I can't delete PIDs from Fictionwise

Oh well, thanks for the help everyone.

Boston
10-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Does Kindlefix work if you specify your PC's PID?

Not that it will help you convert the book for your Kindle but perhaps help pinpoint if the PC PID is the issue.

JSWolf
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
What version mobidedrm are you using? There were originally two versions 0.01 & 0.02. If you have one of those it could be that the book needs the other.

pilotbob
10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
What version mobidedrm are you using? There were originally two versions 0.01 & 0.02. If you have one of those it could be that the book needs the other.

Kindlefix has nothing to do with mobidedrm. Also, there is a so called ".04" of mobidedrm version which includes the change pdurant made to resolve some issues and has worked for me for all files.

BOb

JSWolf
10-27-2008, 02:12 PM
But we don't know what version is being used here.

pilotbob
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
But we don't know what version is being used here.

There is only one version of kindlefix which is what the OP is talking about.

BOb

JSWolf
10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I was replying to texasnightowl's message about MobiDeDRM.py. But I should have quoted first.