View Full Version : New "to me" features

daffy4u
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
They just keep popping up. First it was the "tag cloud". Now, I see a link to all of my personal posts at the bottom of the "new posts" menu. That saves me time trying to keep track and follow up on posts I've made without having to go through my member page.

Fabu job!

Patricia
09-08-2008, 11:35 AM
I think the 'Your posts' feature in the New Posts menu has been there for a while now. But I still find new things on the forum, though they are often things that have been there for ages. So you're not alone, Daffy4U.

My favourites are:
1. Clicking on User CP, where you can see all the new replies in threads where you have already posted.
2. Clicking on the tiny square with a triangle inside, that is at the beginning of each thread in the list, gets you to the last unread post in that thread.

zelda_pinwheel
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I think the 'Your posts' feature in the New Posts menu has been there for a while now. But I still find new things on the forum, though they are often things that have been there for ages. So you're not alone, Daffy4U.

My favourites are:
1. Clicking on User CP, where you can see all the new replies in threads where you have already posted.
2. Clicking on the tiny square with a triangle inside, that is at the beginning of each thread in the list, gets you to the last unread post in that thread.

those are two of my favorites as well. i use that more than the 'new posts' feature.

daffy4u
09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Those only work if you subscribe to threads right? I don't subscribe to any (turned it off early on) but maybe I'll give it a try.

Patricia
09-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Even if you are just looking at the 'Todays Posts' list, the little square with a triangle inside seems to work for me.

zelda_pinwheel
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM
there is a different icon which indicates you are subscribed to a thread. the little square with a triangle "goto" button is after the name of the last poster. it works *everywhere*.

kovidgoyal
09-08-2008, 12:29 PM
The coolest feature I discovered on this forum, is that it can order threads backwards, i.e. put the latest posts in the thread at the top.