View Full Version : Question about the blue squares

Sparrow
08-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm curious about the blue squares that appear under our names in our posts.

If you hover your mouse over them it tells you something about yourself - how does it know, and does it ever change?

Also, different posters have different quantities of squares - seemingly based on their MR experience - but is it number of posts, or length of membership, or what??

Just being nosey :o.

zelda_pinwheel
08-03-2008, 02:51 PM
the squares are a sort of visual representation of your karma (however they are not directly proportional, since i think there is a limit to how many squares you can have). the legend is your "karma fortune" (my personal favorite part of the whole karma system) ; it changes depending on your karma level. and it knows because teh karma knows all.

BookishDreamer
08-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I'd never even bothered to mouse over. Mine says "BookishDreamer knows what time it is". Freaky! I don't remember mentioning that I was a clock watcher! Must be psychic.

Dreamer

Sparrow
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Ooh, spooky stuff!

Ta very much.

(I've a new found respect for UncleDuke!)

zelda_pinwheel
08-03-2008, 02:55 PM
when i first discovered the karma fortunes i spent more time reading them and looking for new ones than reading the posts. i'm sad now because my karma is too high and they don't change any more. i'm tempted to ask alex to reset me back to 0 so i can relive the joy of changing karma fortunes but i'm afraid if i do that i'd lose all the brilliant and hilarious comments people have left me, and that would be tragic.

flumbo
08-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Could somebody explain the three seashells?

zelda_pinwheel
08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Could somebody explain the two seashells?

you have seashells ???? where ??

RickyMaveety
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Ooh, spooky stuff!

Ta very much.

(I've a new found respect for UncleDuke!)

when i first discovered the karma fortunes i spent more time reading them and looking for new ones than reading the posts. i'm sad now because my karma is too high and they don't change any more. i'm tempted to ask alex to reset me back to 0 so i can relive the joy of changing karma fortunes but i'm afraid if i do that i'd lose all the brilliant and hilarious comments people have left me, and that would be tragic.

Yeah .... I personally love the level that Sparrow is at right now. Sparrow can herd cats with grace and ease.

Now see .... what I think would be cool is when we max out on our karma, we could just get to choose our fortune. Then, I'd be at herding cats with grace and ease permanently.

Oh yeah!! :D

pilotbob
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM

You don't know how to use the 3 shells... ha ha ha ha ha.... what are you still in self-cleaning trousers?

BOb

JSWolf
08-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Just swear a bit and use the paper fines to wipe.