View Full Version : mobipocket creator

Jules
07-15-2008, 11:26 AM
i've just built a book in mobipocket creator, and I got 4 warnings. see below

Warning(prcgen): Hyperlink not resolved: P:\PARACLETE\Kindle Publications\Fidelity of Betrayal\fidelity\fidelity.html#toc

Warning(prcgen): Hyperlink not resolved: P:\PARACLETE\Kindle Publications\Fidelity of Betrayal\fidelity\fidelity.html#start_reading

Warning(prcgen): Hyperlink not resolved: P:\PARACLETE\Kindle Publications\Fidelity of Betrayal\fidelity\COVER.jpg

Warning(prcgen): Some hyperlinks could not be resolved.

does anyone know what these mean, and how to fix them?

HarryT
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
The first two errors mean that you've defined Guide Items for "Table of Contents" and "Start Reading", but haven't put the corresponding "#toc" and "#start_reading" anchors in the HTML file.

The third error means that it's looking for a file called "COVER.jpg" (presumably for a cover image) and not finding it.

Jules
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I took out the guide items and those errors went away. the image error is still there saying that the image is too small. but it"s roughly the same size as the image you use in your tutorial.

HarryT
07-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Wouldn't putting in the anchor tags be a better idea than removing the guide items? Or doesn't your book have a table of contents?

I've never seen a warning that an image is too small! What does the warning say, exactly?

Jules
07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I could put anchors in the html rather than removing the guides, but I have no idea how to do that.

Here is what the warning is

Warning (prcgen): Cover is too small: P:\PARACLETE\Kindle Publications\Fidelity of Betrayal\fidelity\COVER.jpg

HarryT
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
I could put anchors in the html rather than removing the guides, but I have no idea how to do that.

My tutorial shows how to do it.

Just open the HTML file in a text editor, go to the point at which you want the "table of contents" link to take you, and add to the file:

<A name=toc></A>

and similarly for the "start_reading" one:

<A name=start_reading></A>

These are what are called "anchor" tags - they just "label" a point in the file with a given name, so that you can jump to it from elsewhere.

Here is what the warning is

Warning (prcgen): Cover is too small: P:\PARACLETE\Kindle Publications\Fidelity of Betrayal\fidelity\COVER.jpg

How big is the cover, in pixels?

Jules
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
the cover is 400x597

HarryT
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM
That's very strange indeed - those dimensions sound just fine to me. I'm afraid I can't explain that one at all!

wallcraft
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
the cover is 400x597 I think Creator may be looking for 600 wide by 800 high, but I suggest ignoring the warning about the cover. 400x597 should definitely big enough, as you can confirm by looking at the ebook with Windows MobiPocket Reader. If you actually use 600x800, it will be rescaled to a smaller size on the Kindle (and probably the Gen3) anyway.

slayda
07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I get that "Image too small" a lot but the image always works just fine both on my PC and Cybook.

etitameh
07-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I get that "Image too small" a lot but the image always works just fine both on my PC and Cybook.

ditto for my kindle. :)