Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
How Fast is Calibre in ADDING books?

Say for example I feed it 80 pdf novels of average length.

How long would it take to process it and get back to me with some results and when should I start to worry its looping somewhere in infinite space?
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tINmOUSE View Post
Say for example I feed it 80 pdf novels of average length.

How long would it take to process it and get back to me with some results and when should I start to worry its looping somewhere in infinite space?
Adding the books takes very little time. Or are you talking about converting. Are you watching the Job indicator at the bottom right hand corner to see the status. You can also click on it to bring up the Job monitor screen.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
tINmOUSE
(stand in: rOBOTmINION)
tINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watchtINmOUSE is clearly one to watch

Device: none yet. Waiting for Mentor.
hmm - it stopped responding to me several days ago. Its been using about ~20% of my cpu the whole time.

I guess I better kill it and add few books until I get the hang of whats normal behaviour.
tINmOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote