View Full Version : Astak forums?

Axelos
07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Hi,
does a specific reason exist why the new Astak devices are not listed in the Forum list of devices ???

TadW
07-03-2008, 09:37 AM
My guess is because nobody owns one yet. It's one of the to-be-released devices.

Nate the great
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
There isn't enough posting activity to justify giving the Mentor its own forum.

Alexander Turcic
07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Hmm, good question. Do we have any new findings when Astak is going to release the first devices?

Axelos
07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Maybe if anybody would introduce the Astak gadgets more in detail to the audience it would lure more members to post about this topic.

DaleDe
07-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Maybe if anybody would introduce the Astak gadgets more in detail to the audience it would lure more members to post about this topic.

There isn't enough data yet. I have placed the data that exists on the wiki. I hope to get a sample this month to look at.

Dale

pilotbob
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't personally think a device should have it's own forum until it is at least released and available to the general public.

BOb

Elsi
07-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Hi,
does a specific reason exist why the new Astak devices are not listed in the Forum list of devices ???
Hmmm... If Astak were to send one to me to use and review, I'd certainly support a separate forum for them.

James Bryant
07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... If Astak were to send one to me to use and review, I'd certainly support a separate forum for them.

And if they were to LEND me one for the first half of August I should ensure that it is displayed in the Electronic Reading Devices exhibit at the World Science Fiction Convention (Denvention) in Denver 6-10 August.

James - who has managed to borrow a colour ePaper FLEPia from Fujitsu for the event

Elsi
07-04-2008, 11:26 AM
in the Electronic Reading Devices exhibit at the World Science Fiction Convention (Denvention) in Denver 6-10 August.
I've said before that I am upset that this convention conflicts with my semi-annual computer conference that is being held the same week.

James, if you're thinking about setting up a similar exhibit at another SF convention, let me know. I might be able to adjust my schedule to come and help you out.

igorsk
07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
James - who has managed to borrow a colour ePaper FLEPia from Fujitsu for the event
No way. I demand photographic proof! :)

James Bryant
07-04-2008, 01:35 PM
No way. I demand photographic proof! :)

What I have, at present, is a promise from Fujitsu that they will ship one to me in Colorado in time for it to be exhibited at Denvention. They want it back afterwards, dammit!

While it is in my sticky little paws I shall, of course, photograph it.

James - who had to pull some fairly potent strings to arrange it

igorsk
07-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Great. Looking forward to it.

TadW
07-05-2008, 03:43 AM
While it is in my sticky little paws I shall, of course, photograph it.

Just don't drop it... what a pity it would be. :eek:

Really looking forward to the photos!!!! :2thumbsup