View Full Version : ePub creation / conversion

philippd
05-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi,

is there any method available to convert files to the .ePub Format except for the generator at bookglutton.com?

It may be a commercial product.

I would prefer to use .doc or .pdf or something like that as input...

Nate the great
05-27-2008, 08:56 AM
I believe Adobe Indesign can export in EPUB.

DaleDe
05-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi,

is there any method available to convert files to the .ePub Format except for the generator at bookglutton.com?

It may be a commercial product.

I would prefer to use .doc or .pdf or something like that as input...

Feedbooks.com can convert files. Just view the results. You don't have to publish.

Dale

wallcraft
05-27-2008, 01:00 PM
if you want a non-Web solution, then the python script oeb2epub is one option. See ePub Creation Utility (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23271&), posts #10 and #12. Windows MobiPocket Creator is one way to get an OEB document from a .doc.

Hadrien
05-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Keep in mind though that if it's for a mobile device, you'd better divide the OPS file into multiple flows. Not sure that all those scripts do this correctly.

epubdemand
06-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Hallo,

I'm actually not only looking for a software to convert pdf files to epub, but also for a service provider.

As we want to convert a very high number of files, we are not able to convert them on our own.

If you now any professional service providers (espacially in Germany) offering such a conversion service please let me know...

Hadrien
06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Hallo,

I'm actually not only looking for a software to convert pdf files to epub, but also for a service provider.

As we want to convert a very high number of files, we are not able to convert them on our own.

If you now any professional service providers (espacially in Germany) offering such a conversion service please let me know...

You won't get anything good from a PDF to ePub conversion. You need some master format in XML if you'd like to mass convert to ePub.

epubdemand
06-04-2008, 04:08 AM
i guess it should be possible somehow, but i know that it can't be done automatically. So we are searching for a service provider who converts it and corrects it manually afterwards...

Or do you think this isn't possible at all? I mean you can convert pdf's to mobipocket quite well...

Hadrien
06-04-2008, 05:23 AM
i guess it should be possible somehow, but i know that it can't be done automatically. So we are searching for a service provider who converts it and corrects it manually afterwards...

Or do you think this isn't possible at all? I mean you can convert pdf's to mobipocket quite well...

I wouldn't describe a PDF to Mobipocket conversion as something that looks "quite well".

If you don't have any source format, you'll have to first convert those PDF to text, then proofread them (they'll probably be full of errors), then add the proper XML markup to make an ePub file.