View Full Version : Problem staying logged in

AJ Starr
05-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong location to put this...

When I am logged in, and either open a thread on a new tab, or refresh the current page to see if anyone else has added a post, mobiread looses my login and tells me I have to log in again.

Is this a bug, or planned that way?

I use tabs so I can hold on to my original place when I'm through with that thread.

Just thought I'd let the powers-to-be know.

-Alyson

PS I have a lot of problems finding my way around and knowing what everything is. Is there a tutorial or "cheat sheet" I could look at?

:blink:

pilotbob
05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
When I am logged in, and either open a thread on a new tab, or refresh the current page to see if anyone else has added a post, mobiread looses my login and tells me I have to log in again.

What browser are you using? I don't see that problem at all. Do you tell it to "remember your login" when you login? Perhaps you have permanent cookies disabled on your browser?

BOb

AJ Starr
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I use IE, std. No I don't remember my login, I always logout when I leave. And it does flash the message that cookies are deleted. But is this why I lose my login if I refresh the page and/or open in a new tab. That doesn't seem right.

Is there a selection in my profile I need to change? Other than remember login, which I prefer not to do.

Alyson

pilotbob
05-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Is there a selection in my profile I need to change? Other than remember login, which I prefer not to do.

No, I think it is an issue with your browser. Sounds like the cookie isn't being sent on each refresh. Do you have cookies disabled perhaps? Do you have some type of security add-in?

I would try telling it to remember login and see if that fixes it. You can still logout manually by clicking the logout which will delete the cookie from your system.

BOb

AJ Starr
05-21-2008, 02:23 PM
No, I think it is an issue with your browser. Sounds like the cookie isn't being sent on each refresh. Do you have cookies disabled perhaps? Do you have some type of security add-in?

I would try telling it to remember login and see if that fixes it. You can still logout manually by clicking the logout which will delete the cookie from your system.

BOb

I've probably got cookies disabled. I'm pretty paranoid about privacy invasion. I'll try the "remember logon" and see if that works. Thanks for the info.

Alyson

AJ Starr
05-21-2008, 02:27 PM

BOb

That worked. I logged out and logged back in with the "remember login" checked and I've changed tabs and refreshed and I'm still here.

Thanks loads.........

Alyson:thanks:

pilotbob
05-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks loads.........

Happy to help.

BOb