View Full Version : Navigating the E-Books Collection

Taylor514ce
05-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Any tips? I'm about to turn my back on commercial e-books, and start sampling all that's available here. I see GENRE tags; can I search by Genre?

Ideally I want an advanced search, where I can choose Format, Genre, Author, etc. If that's already available, I apologize. I'll investigate the Search features some more.

Doing an Advanced Search in the BBeB/LRF section of E-Book Uploads for posts tagged "science fiction" only brings up a single entry. What am I doing wrong?

zelda_pinwheel
05-20-2008, 08:31 PM
Genre and tags are new features, so they might not be implemented on all books yet. i recommend you start by browsing randomly, like by date or alphabetically by author... don't miss the e-books index, it will help you find things as well, and you can sort by column headings.

Taylor514ce
05-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks! Any other suggestions?

zelda_pinwheel
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
hum... don't start with preconceptions about what you're looking for, just see what you find.

Taylor514ce
05-20-2008, 08:53 PM
ZP, I love poking around in the dark, truly I do. Some delightful things can happen. But sometimes I'm in the mood for something in particular, you know?

zelda_pinwheel
05-20-2008, 09:07 PM
heh... well in that case, index, column sorting and search feature are your friends.

Taylor514ce
05-20-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm taking ALL of your advice, have made about 10 downloads, and so should be set for awhile. I'm in for some barsoomy, anarchistic, haiku fun.

zelda_pinwheel
05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
wow, only 10 ? i'm impressed by your self-restraint. (and it sounds like we'll be having similar fun in the next few days)

Alexander Turcic
05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Doing an Advanced Search in the BBeB/LRF section of E-Book Uploads for posts tagged "science fiction" only brings up a single entry. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Taylor!

Unfortunately we began only recently tagging uploaded e-books with genres. Most older e-book uploads don't have a genre tag yet. We hope we'll catch up with this soon. :p