Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Problems sychronising with Kindle Reader across platforms

Hi all

I can add books from Amazon and upload my own mobi books to my Android tablet and synchronise them to my Android phone. Hower the Kindle Cloud Reader I run in the browser of my computer, which worked in the past, no longer synchonises. It won't add the new books or remove the old ones when I make changes on my Android devices.

I have tried running the Kindle Cloud Reader in Firefox and Chromium ( I run linux) but the result is the same.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also apart from Google Play Books is there anyother way of synchornising books, bookmarks and the position read to between Android devices and a PC?

Thanks.

Brian
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've done a bit more digging and find that this seems to be a common problem for some people with Amazon.co.uk accounts. Strangely Cloud Reader still shows the books I got from Amazon up to a few months ago but not the ones I have added since then. As I haven't used the Cloud Reader for several weeks I hadn't noticed the problem before now. I can download, open and read these books including books I had deleted from account since then.

Also I installed Kindle for PC (under Wine in Linux) and it runs perfectly but it has exactly the same problem as the Cloud Reader. It does seem to be an Amazon.co.uk account issue.
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert