View Full Version : HELP: any way to use a strike-out font when editing posts?

nrapallo
02-17-2008, 09:14 AM
I couldn't find any mention of this, in the forums, so I will ask here:

Is there any way to use a strike-out font when editing posts? Do I have to resort to using HTML tags like <strike>changed text</strike>?

When re-visiting my posts, I usually would like to show what has changed, or become obsolote, without removing the original text. That way the original ideas don't get mangled/lost.

Would this 'feature' be easy to implement, say, beside the 'B'old 'I'talic 'U'nderline icons?

-Nick

NatCh
02-17-2008, 09:23 AM
You're very close, nrapallo, use the same <strike>changed text</strike> approach you mentioned but use square brackets instead of angle ones and it'll work just fine for you.

i.e. changed text

(you can hit the "Quote" button below to see the original text :nice: )

nrapallo
02-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Awesome solution! I got to remember this, the next time I need it.

Thanks.

-Nick

NatCh
02-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Glad to help! :nice:

Boing <3
03-03-2011, 03:36 AM
You're very close, nrapallo, use the same <strike>changed text</strike> approach you mentioned but use square brackets instead of angle ones and it'll work just fine for you.

i.e. changed text

(you can hit the "Quote" button below to see the original text :nice: )

testing 1 2 3 doesn't work on FB?

GeoffC
03-03-2011, 04:42 AM
:hatsoff: boing and welcome to mobileread ...

This is a very ancient thread .... FB?

Worldwalker
03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Y'know, every so often I see a good, valid argument for locking (or auto-locking) old threads. This particular 3-year-old thread (and one about BBcode features, besides, which a Google search or a quick check of Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bbcode) could answer) is a perfect example. 98% of the time, necroposting causes more problems than it solves.

pholy
03-03-2011, 03:23 PM
ThreeFour extra posts is a problem?

Oh neat! Preview shows it working!