View Full Version : Epub reader app build

anandudapudi
01-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Hi all,

I just want to know that in order to build app in Android platform for epub reader, what might be the time span to get the ereader done, considering we are welcome guys to android platform where we have taken android course, and team of 3 members.
Kindly advise what could be our time span and hurdle we might expect.
Thanks in advance.

Doitsu
01-09-2013, 03:54 AM
It might be easier if you licensed the code from Bluefire Productions. They offer custom epub reader apps (http://www.bluefirereader.com/white-label-apps.html) for Android and iOS devices.

Turtle91
01-09-2013, 06:28 AM
Wouldn't that depend on how quickly you produce valid code and the complexity/quantity of the features you plan to offer??

I would recommend, and request, that if/when you do create an app that you make sure it is in compliance with ePub standards... Copying or licensing someone else's software that isn't in compliance just prolongs the pain we are dealing with now!

Cheers

JSWolf
01-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Bluefire is compliant as it uses ADE.

Turtle91
01-13-2013, 06:26 PM
Bluefire is compliant as it uses ADE.

OK...true...I should have said "fully supportive"...."renders 'all' HTML5/CSS3 properly"..."supports the full epub 2 (hopefully 3) spec"

:D

JSWolf
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I have to say, until Adobe makes ADE handle ePub 3, ePub 3 is going nowhere fast.