View Full Version : HTML (inluding linked files) to Mobi?

Prospect
01-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I can't find any tool that would include linked files:

I have tried Mobipocket Creator v4.2: Even if the all files are in the same local directory there are build errors "Hyperlink not resolved" followed by the the (correct!) local path for the file

I have tried Html2Mobi (excellent work tompe!) but as far as I can see no support for links.

Is there a tool to perform this task?

What I would like is to be able to read it on my Cybook, so any other format read by this device would do.

tompe
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I can't find any tool that would include linked files:

I have tried Mobipocket Creator v4.2: Even if the all files are in the same local directory there are build errors "Hyperlink not resolved" followed by the the (correct!) local path for the file

I have tried Html2Mobi (excellent work tompe!) but as far as I can see no support for links.

It is on the todo list of possible things to add to html2mobi...

Maybe web2lrf can give one html file as a result? Or maybe there are some other tools out there for this.

wallcraft
01-28-2008, 07:31 PM
If you only have a few e-books to convert, try editing a single-HTML .opf file to include a list of the HTML files - then run mobicreator or opf2mobi. You can also check the .opf file by opening it in FBReader.

Prospect
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
I later discovered that Mobipocket Creator v4.2 will include linked HTML files in the publication if I drag them into the publication before I build. If I place the index file first it works smothly. (I now have a complete set of the of statutes of Norway on my Cybook - sweet!)