View Full Version : EPub reader and maps?

travger
10-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I'm using Calibre viewer for the quick check of the ePub and it works ok, but I wonder is there some reader that handles pictures like Mobipocket Reader?

With mobi, if the picture (map) is bigger than the screen area, I can zoom it and pan around - very handy for maps especially.
It would be nice to have ePub reader also with zooming capability.

DaleDe
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm using Calibre viewer for the quick check of the ePub and it works ok, but I wonder is there some reader that handles pictures like Mobipocket Reader?

With mobi, if the picture (map) is bigger than the screen area, I can zoom it and pan around - very handy for maps especially.
It would be nice to have ePub reader also with zooming capability.

iBooks can zoom on an iPad. What platform do you want it for?

travger
10-30-2012, 08:25 PM
iBooks can zoom on an iPad. What platform do you want it for?

Windows XP

DaleDe
10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Windows XP

I would try Azardi or perhaps Calibre.

travger
10-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I would try Azardi or perhaps Calibre.

I am using Calibre, but the big maps are unzoomable. Maybe I have not found the right setting?

DaleDe
10-31-2012, 01:27 AM
I am using Calibre, but the big maps are unzoomable. Maybe I have not found the right setting?

I may have been wrong about Calibre, my memory isn't always the best, however Azardi will open a new window to display the map in and it will be full size. The window may need to be scrolled I suppose depending on the screen size and resolution.

Dale

travger
10-31-2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime. That's exactly what I want - to quickly check map's quality without extracting it from ePub.
Weird that only one developer gives it a thought.

davidfor
11-01-2012, 05:46 AM
The calibre viewer can open an image in a separate window and allows zooming there. Right click on the image and select "View image..."

travger
11-01-2012, 07:12 AM
The calibre viewer can open an image in a separate window and allows zooming there. Right click on the image and select "View image..."

Oh! Thanks.