View Full Version : How do I add images to a completed ePub?

Kratos
10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi. Using InDesign I've outputted an epub file.

But I've discovered that I forgot to include two images in two different pages. Because the book has hundreds of pages and I've spent a lot of time editing each page so outputting it again from Indesign is not an option.

What I'd like to do is find a way to add those images into the epub.
So what I have done is on those html pages with the missing images I've created the link to the images.

And I was going to copy the two images that should be in the file into the OEBPS -images folder. However I believe the images have to also be referenced in the content.opf file? My html are basic.

What do I have add to the content.opf file to safely add the images, or is it not possible once the epub has been made?

EDIT: I solved it!
I put the two images in the images folder.
I opened content.opf with the Note++ text editor and entered a line that referenced each graphic file like this...

<item id="E814_fmt.jpeg" href="images/E814_fmt.jpeg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>

and then I went back to the html page and place the name of the image where the link to the image is.

Thank you me! ;)

DaleDe
10-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Sigil would have been another way to solve this problem and it would not have required as much manual work on your part.

Dale

mrmikel
10-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Not to mention which considerably reducing the chance of making a mistake which blows the epub up!