Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Question Help! Kindle for PC convert to lrf.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, or whether it should be in the Calibre section, but here goes.

I have a number of books in the kindle for PC software which I'd like to strip of drm and convert to lrf so that I can put them on my old Sony 505, (I don't have a kindle). I don't know how to do this and can't find where the books are located on my hardrive. Does anyone know where the software keeps the books? I did a right click on the K4pc shortcut, looked at properties, then clicked "go to target location" but couldn't find anything which looked like the book data.

I know that I need to download an add-on to Calibre in order to strip the DRM and convert the books, but the first problem I have is that I don't know where the books are. I can easily see them on K4PC, and have downloaded them.

Please help me in this game of hide-and-seek they're playing.

If I've posted in the wrong part of the forum, feel free to tell me. I did a "search" before posting, but it didn't come up with anything relevant.

Thanks
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Nobody's allowed to help you with the specifics of DRM removal. Alf will have to help you with that.

But your Kindle for PC books (once they've been downloaded to the app) should be in your "Documents\My Kindle Content" folder. If you still have trouble finding your books, then fire up the Kindle for PC application, click on "Tools" on the menu bar, then select "Options." From the dialog that opens, select "Content" on the left-hand side. On the right side, you'll see the exact path to where your current content is being stored.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #3
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thank you, DiapDealer, for the info. I've now managed to get the books ready for my 505.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion to lrf, kindle for pc