View Full Version : How to save to Epub from InDesign CS6 and preserve the Cross-Reference links

frikkif
09-18-2012, 11:45 AM
At the moment I am trying to find out how to save to Epub from InDesign CS6 and preserve my Cross-Reference links.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks :)
Frikki

frikkif
09-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Nothing? :cry: :bigcry:

WillAdams
09-19-2012, 07:52 AM
File a bug report w/ Adobe.

Or, you could try writing a script which marks such in the text in such a way that one can convert them back into working Xrefs after the export.

PageLab
09-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't know if I understood your question right. Indesign CS6 does support cross-references natively when exporting to ePUB. Are you using the cross-references panel to do this?

frikkif
09-19-2012, 09:09 AM
@PageLab
Yes I am using the cross-references panel.
But the links does not seam to work.
This seams to work in an Interactive PDF but the links do not work in Epub.
Am I doing something wrong? Does this work for you?

@WillAdams
This is a good suggestion, but was hoping to find a solution that does not require scripting.

Thank you guys :)

PageLab
09-19-2012, 09:39 AM
@PageLab
Yes I am using the cross-references panel.
Am I doing something wrong? Does this work for you?

Yes, cross-references works fine in CS6, but if you have too many in your file, Indesign's performance will degrade pretty fast, and some other issues may appear. Also, cross-references imported from Word aren't very reliable.

I would do some troubleshooting first:
1. Rebuild your Indesign Preference file (tutorial: http://www.printingforless.com/blog/graphic-design/troubleshooting-adobe-applications-2)

2. Export your file to IDML and open it. Try to export to ePUB again.

See if this helps.

frikkif
09-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes, cross-references works fine in CS6, but if you have too many in your file, Indesign's performance will degrade pretty fast, and some other issues may appear. Also, cross-references imported from Word aren't very reliable.

I would do some troubleshooting first:
1. Rebuild your Indesign Preference file (tutorial: http://www.printingforless.com/blog/graphic-design/troubleshooting-adobe-applications-2)

2. Export your file to IDML and open it. Try to export to ePUB again.

See if this helps.

Many thanks!
I will have a go :)