View Full Version : Read Aloud ePub - popping sound

rsuchwani
08-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Hello Experts,

I need your assistant in a small matter.

I'm developing Read Aloud ePub with separate audio files for each page. I have clean audio files without any clipping or popping sounds, but when packaged into ePub, two pages' audio produce "pop" sounds before the narration starts.

I've checked and rechecked all the audio files and specially the ones which produce "pop" sounds several times, but they are clean yet they produce pop sounds when running in iPad.

Can any of you help me with this matter?

Much appreciated.

rsuchwani
08-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone.. please..!!

Jellby
08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
That's unlikely to have anything to do with the ePub format, and it's probably just a matter of whatever software you use to play the sounds...

rsuchwani
08-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm loading my ePub into iPad and using iBooks to read the ePub. Does the iBooks likely to malfunction.

Can you test my ePub yourself, if I send it to you?

Jellby
08-24-2012, 03:48 AM
I'm loading my ePub into iPad and using iBooks to read the ePub. Does the iBooks likely to malfunction.

Any software is likely to malfunction. Try with different audio formats (different bitrates, frequencies, etc.), or removing all tags.

Can you test my ePub yourself, if I send it to you?

No, sorry, I don't have anything that can read ePubs with sound.

mrmikel
08-24-2012, 06:55 AM
You might ask these sort of questions in the Apple device forums since they are about the only devices that do this.