View Full Version : Installing Readium validator

AlexBell
08-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Could someone please tell me in very simple words how to get and install the Readium ePub3 validator.

So far as I know it can only be used as part of the Google Chrome browser, which makes no sense at all to me.

Anyway,
- when I go to the Readium website with either Firefox or Google Chrome I see a tab to add Readium to Google Chrome.
- when I click on that tab the Readium.cxr file is downloaded to my Downloads folder.
- when I right click on the Readium.cxr file or try to open it with Google Chrome I see a message to the effect that all extensions must be obtained from the Google Chrome web store.
- when I search the web store for Readium or Readium.cxr it denies all knowledge of the file.

What am I doing wrong? Or is there a simpler and more effective way of getting Readium?

mrmikel
08-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Exactly the same experience. Looks like Google wants to be like Apple...our way or the highway. If they don't have it you are SOL.

I did send in a complaint to the Google Store listing the link and a description.

AlexBell
08-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks mrmikel.

Toxaris
08-16-2012, 04:37 AM
I managed to do it, but I can't remember how...

mrmikel
08-16-2012, 06:41 AM
You can drag and drop it into the extensions screen in Chrome and then it will install. My machine is 64 bit Windows Vista.