Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #1
vaMuteti
vaMuteti began at the beginning.

Device: nil
PRS 505 Availability

Just as soon as I had lodged an order on B&H for PRS 505 , it appears they have disappeared from stock. Anybody in the know how about stock supplies? My order was placed on 3 Jan 2008, and there is no indication yet of when it would be available.
vaMuteti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I've been reading that Christmas really cleaned out the Sony readers. Hopefully stocks will rebuild soon though I've heard there may be a shortage of screens for them.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hang in there. I wandered into the Pentagon City, VA Sony Store last Friday and discovered their window models were going for 40% off. Grabbed one right away and then posted the word on this site and someone else also got one.

Moral of the story: Keep trying
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaMuteti View Post
Just as soon as I had lodged an order on B&H for PRS 505 , it appears they have disappeared from stock. Anybody in the know how about stock supplies? My order was placed on 3 Jan 2008, and there is no indication yet of when it would be available.
No idea when they will be available. What we think is that because PVI is the only ones making the 6" Vizplex screens, that because of the 505, Gen3, Kindle, V3, etc. that the screens are on high demand and short supply. You'll just have to wait. Sorry.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mine Shipped Today from Vanns.com, they still have them in stock, won't be here till next week thou.
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaMuteti View Post
B&H do have 505 in stock, at least blue one.

505 blue
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #7
rbrt222
rbrt222 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i just have a quick question.
Does anyone know how to pay by Wire transfer?
I was planning to pay by Paypal but B&H doesn't accept paypal customer outside the US
rbrt222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrt222 View Post
Does anyone know how to pay by Wire transfer?
I was planning to pay by Paypal but B&H doesn't accept paypal customer outside the US
Best thing to do is ask B&H how to do so if they accept it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Actually, they did from the UK, but I'd not recommend it as I still needed to go through the "upload a credit card image" stage, plus, when it showed up an issue in their internal systems address-handling, they initially thought that they couldn't tweak the address as they had to use the Paypal one. (Actually, the Paypal one was fine, it just got corrupted internally to them, but took a bit to get that understood in that they didn't read the emails but fine once I made a phone call & they'd investigated.)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
rbrt222

Quote:
Best thing to do is ask B&H how to do so if they accept it.
i just email them. i think it will take at least 1 or 2 days for me to hear anything from them.

Quote:
Actually, they did from the UK, but I'd not recommend it as I still needed to go through the "upload a credit card image" stage, plus, when it showed up an issue in their internal systems address-handling, they initially thought that they couldn't tweak the address as they had to use the Paypal one. (Actually, the Paypal one was fine, it just got corrupted internally to them, but took a bit to get that understood in that they didn't read the emails but fine once I made a phone call & they'd investigated.)
What if we don't any credit card?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What if we don't any credit card?
B&H's Wire Transfer Help page here.

No idea how it goes in practice, but I imagine you order then have an option to pay by Wire Transfer, as you need the order number for the transfer.

Last edited by gwynevans; 01-08-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #12
rbrt222

i tried to order one but when it comes to payment section, there is no wire transfer option.
btw shouldn't it be the same for all Paypal users? why only US Canada and UK.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #13
gwynevans
Wizzard

I'd be tempted to give them a phone call - the agent I spoke to when I had the issue I referred to was both helpful & effective.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 AM   #14
rogerk
rogerk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 Reader
I got one off Ebay just before Christmas and it arrived in Australia just before new years via UPS express post. Could not be more happry with it.
rogerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #15
rbrt222

Quote:
I'd be tempted to give them a phone call - the agent I spoke to when I had the issue I referred to was both helpful & effective.
i think you are right, i'll give them a call to see what they can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerk View Post
I got one off Ebay just before Christmas and it arrived in Australia just before new years via UPS express post. Could not be more happry with it.
May i ask how much u paid? because i reckon the average price of 505 on Ebay is quite expensive, about $330-$360(exclude shipping cost )