View Full Version : KOBO Wifi non-English WORKS, But New Problem -- Help Please?

kobowifiguy
07-06-2012, 03:28 AM
[Post deleted by moderator]

HarryT
07-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Any further attempt to upload copyrighted material to MR, or link to pirate book sites, will result in an immediate and permanent ban. This is your one and only warning.

kobowifiguy
07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm so angry I can hardly see straight. Why the hell would you delete my entire post, Harry?

Please restore it immediately, minus whatever you deem as copyrighted material; I spent well over an hour writing it and there is no way for me to restore what is now lost.

pdurrant
07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
We will not permit MobileRead forums to be used to request assistance with pirated books.

WT Sharpe
07-06-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm so angry I can hardly see straight. Why the hell would you delete my entire post, Harry?

Please restore it immediately, minus whatever you deem as copyrighted material; I spent well over an hour writing it and there is no way for me to restore what is now lost.

Count yourself lucky your account wasn't deleted as well. We are very strict at MobileRead about copyright violation.

kobowifiguy
07-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Count yourself lucky your account wasn't deleted as well. We are very strict at MobileRead about copyright violation.

Honestly, I'm touched that publicly you're so strict about copyright violation, and being moderators of this forum, I'm equally sure that all of you have never read a copyrighted book.

Having said that,
1-Who is to say what I uploaded was copyrighted/not paid for?
2-How can I restore my post, or at least recover what I wrote? Can one of you PM it to me? I posted a bunch of links that will be almost impossible for me to properly recall/rewrite. If you can't restore this, or at least PM me the original post, you will have one very, very seriously pissed off person floating around. I run a large forum myself, and I treat every member like gold. Deleting someone's post that they obviously spent some time writing, when alternatives exist like editing it, or moving it elsewhere temporarily while I was PMed, is something that enrages people. Whether this concerns your forum's administrator or not is another matter.

--

http://shoujun.blogspot.com/2012/03/how-to-embed-fonts-in-epub.html

I am trying to read a Chinese book on a KOBO Wifi. It's possible, I'm doing it with a book called The Private Life of Chairman Mao. However, a new book doesn't work... I think if I'm able to figure out why when I change the .epub of the book to .zip with the Mao book, it expands into its contents like a normal .zip file, but when I do it with the other book, it becomes a .cpgz file, and then if I try and expand that, it turns back into the original .zip.

Anyone have any idea why this might be the case? I really wish KOBO would make this easier for us, I love it other than it's lack of non-English support.

pdurrant
07-07-2012, 05:22 AM
1-Who is to say what I uploaded was copyrighted/not paid for?

It's possible that you had paid for the book (although since you mentioned you had it from three sources, that seems unlikely), but you certainly weren't authorised to upload it to MobileRead for others to download.

Please do not do upload copyright material to MobileRead without the copyright holder's explicit permission. If you do, you will be banned.