View Full Version : please give me the solution of this error

kalpesh.spaceo@
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Type File Line Position Message
ERROR OPS/content.opf -1 -1 assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value
ERROR OPS/content.opf -1 -1 assertion failed: The "id" attribute does not have a unique value

:help:

Rob Lister
07-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Type File Line Position Message

:help:

You're in the wrong forum so expect to be moved. Where did you get this error? Under what circumstances?

You're really not giving enough information but generally what I see is a malformed epub.

content.opf is a file inside an epub archive.
in it, there are entries such as ...
<item href="Text/chapter01.xhtml" id="c01" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />

for any given type, each id must exist and be unique.

this is just speculation on my part. I can't garner enough from the error message to be more specific.

DiapDealer
07-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Search the OPF for duplicate "id" attributes. Make them "not duplicates."

Rob Lister
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Search the OPF for duplicate "id" attributes. Make them "not duplicates."

LOL. Where he to take you literally, he'd still get the error.

<item href="Text/chapter01.xhtml" id="not duplicates" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />
<item href="Text/chapter01.xhtml" id="not duplicates" media-type="application/xhtml+xml" />

DiapDealer
07-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Oops! You're right. :o

I retract the quotation marks:

Search the OPF for duplicate "id" attributes. Make them not duplicates. :D