View Full Version : Fillable forms

soparch
06-29-2012, 05:28 AM
Hello there,
I am pretty sure that this cannot be done with the ePub or mobi formats and I know that it would depend on the eReading device's capabilities but is there any way of having a form that could be filled in without leaving the screen.
I have been asked by someone if it is possible to have a book that the reader would be able to answer a question on the screen by tapping in the answer (I know it would have to be with something like the iPad)
My question is can it be done design the ePub or mobi formats say by using forms. Or would the book have to be done as a PDF?
Thanks in advance
Soparch

Toxaris
06-29-2012, 07:33 AM
It can be done in ePUB3. Multiple choice (like the old adventure books) is possible in ePUB2.

In ePUB3 javascript like things are possible. Your market would be minimized thought, the majority does not support ePUB3.

Doitsu
06-29-2012, 09:12 AM
It can definitely be done, but requires a solid knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript, and so far the resulting ePub can only be read on an iPad.

Here's an example video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8IA-1AHDjI#t=1m04s) by French ebook designer Walrus Studio who uses all of the above for an interactive ebook.