View Full Version : Confused total newb

Anticus
04-29-2012, 12:57 PM
I am just totally befuddled here. I'm an indie comic book creator and have converted my books, all pdfs to epub using calibre and MEpub. There's no text other than what is imbedded in each page file. First, I selected all the pages and created a PDF of the whole book.

Using iTunes Producer, I went through every step, bought ISBNs, filled out every piece of info - yet STILL get errors in delivery. It seems like it should be simple.

Do I really have to go through a digital publisher if I'm not a programming genius rather than do this on my own?

The messages I get:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "OPS/fb.ncx(17): text not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "img". This error occurs 23 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

ERROR ITMS-9000: "OPS/fb.ncx(17): text not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "img". This error occurs 5 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

ibookstore reps tell me to consult a schema validation handbook they claim is on the itunesconnect site, but it totally isn't there.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and at which stage. It's completely frustrating.

Doitsu
04-30-2012, 03:30 AM
ERROR ITMS-9000: "OPS/fb.ncx(17): text not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "img". This error occurs 23 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
Apparently, you're using img tags or other invalid tags in the .ncx file (TOC). Why don't you post either the complete .ncx file or at least lines 13 to 21.

You also may want to have your ePub checked with the online ePub Validator (http://validator.idpf.org/), which might give you a better error message.