View Full Version : DRM download error

mXb
04-29-2012, 07:22 AM
I am relatively new to eBooks, and chose a Kobo Touch mainly so I could download public library books for free. (cheapskate)

I understand the reason for DRM and as I am not into piracy don't mind downloading them...................when they work !

All the library books I have downloaded have done so without problem. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the few I have paid for !

Twice now I have gone through the payment procedure for an ePub DRM ebook, then tried to download it to my copy of ADE and all I got is an error message.

The first time I tried 2 different retrailers with the same result, and had to push to get my money back each time.

After reading Adobe's forum I found out that the problem apparently is on the Server either of the retailer or the wholesailer.

In the case of the 1st ebook there is a common wholesailer, hence the reason for the same error message both times.

I doubt that either retailer will bring the matter to the attention of the wholesailer so it will probably never get fixed.

Even if it does, how do I know without buying it again and trying to download again !!!

In the case of the 1st ebook I contacted the publisher explaining the problem to them and asking where I could download from. They said to download it from their own eBook website as they made a decision NOT to add DRM to their eBook downloads !!

I thought DRM was added to eBooks by order of the publishers ? Seems strange then that the retailers have it added but not the publisher ?

Have other people had problems with Server error messages on ADE when trying to download, or did I just pick the 2 wrong eBooks ?

theducks
04-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Moved. Not a Calibre question.