View Full Version : Showing only one End-note at a time

ghostyjack
04-27-2012, 08:34 AM
I've got a book with loads of end-notes in it and I've put them all into the same xhtml file so as to make it a bit easier for me to manage the end-notes.

What I would like though is to be able to only show one end-note on the screen at a time.

I've tried using thie following:

<p id="note1" class="endnote">Blah, blah, blah</p>

with the CSS being:

.endnote {page-break-before:always; page-break-after:always;}

but this doesn't seem to work as all the end-notes still seem to show on screen at the same time.

Any idea what (if it exists) is the correct CSS to get this to work, or do I need to break the end-notes down to one end-note per xhtml file?

Jellby
04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
It works for me. Maybe there some other mistake that is causing that style to be ignored?

ghostyjack
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
That's odd. I'm not sure what could be causing it in the file as so far the contents of the end-notes file is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Title</title>
<link href="../Styles/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

<body>
<p class="endnote" id="note1">Blah, blah, blah</p>

<p class="endnote" id="note2">Blah, blah, blah</p>

<p class="endnote" id="note3">Blah, blah, blah</p>

<p class="endnote" id="note4">Blah, blah, blah</p>
</body>
</html>

With the only styles in use effecting that page in the CSS are:

body {margin-left:10px; margin-right:10px;}
p {margin:0; text-align:justify; text-indent:1em; font-family:serif;}
.endnote {page-break-before:always; page-break-after:always;}

The only thing I can thing of is the fact I'm using epubreader in Firefox to preview it and that's causing the issue. I'm currently only have access to a machine with epubreader on it, I wont have access to my main pc until I get home from work, and I can't add anything to the machine I'm using.

DiapDealer
04-27-2012, 10:15 AM
The only thing I can thing of is the fact I'm using epubreader in Firefox to preview it and that's causing the issue. I'm currently only have access to a machine with epubreader on it, I wont have access to my main pc until I get home from work, and I can't add anything to the machine I'm using.
I can verify that ePubReader won't honor those css pagebreaks while ADE will.

ghostyjack
04-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Well that explains it, I got it right in the first place (bit of a miracle that).

Thanks guys for checking it out.