Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
DummiSee
DummiSee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mobi1Mobi GUI

I am trying to change some names for my books on Kindle.

Calibre just keeps duplicating my books when I try to change the tile and "send" to my device. Without changing the title on Kindle!

I would like to try the Mobi2Mobi GUI program HOWEVER:
Where can I download it? Maybe I have it, but don't know for sure.

How do I install it? I have mobiperl-win-0.0.43, various mobi2Mobi_GUI . . ., but when I try to 'install', I get a Command window (blank) blinking by and that is it. Don't see it on my programs list, etc. I have whatever the current version of Microsoft Net on my Windows 7 machine.

Am I supposed to using a sequence of some sort?

I did not think I was a particularly illiterate computer user, but I am being to wonder.
DummiSee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Mobi3Mobi - GUI has it's very own sticky thread in the Mobi forum. Very first thread—top of the page, but just in case... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21763
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
DummiSee

Thanks - That is where I got the various mobi2mobi_GUI files.
But nothing seems to be working.

Reminds be trying to learn Visual Basic. Everything was three levels up from the raw beginner and assumed you knew how to do stuff!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DummiSee View Post
Thanks - That is where I got the various mobi2mobi_GUI files.
But nothing seems to be working.

Reminds be trying to learn Visual Basic. Everything was three levels up from the raw beginner and assumed you knew how to do stuff!
Sorry, for the confusion. I meant that posting your questions in that thread is the best way to ensure that the people who are the most knowledgeable about it will see it and hopefully respond/help you with it. I know the creator of the software checks that thread occasionally.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I have mobi2mobi gui, and I have to double-click on the file name in Windows Explorer to execute it. It doesn't install into the program menu, at least the version I had didn't.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
There is an alternative also
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
DummiSee

OK - Flounder, Flounder.

I extracted/expanded the mobiperl-win-0.0.43 files and put them in a folder/directory.
I extracted the Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB_v11.zip files and used Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB.exe file.
Got the Mobi2Mobi-GUI to open, pointed the Mobi2Mobi Dir: to the folder/directory I put the mobiperl-win-0.0.43 files in.
Pointed the eBook Dir: to when my Kindle was attached
AND then could follow the Wiki instructions.
Still got a duplicate file, but at least I could change the title on the duplicate.

Hope this helps other Dummies also.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
DummiSee

Thanks Thomass
Will try!