View Full Version : SD card made "read only" by the Kindle

marielle
12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
I have decided to sell my Kindle (check out Sacramento Craigslist if you are interested). Anyway, I thought I would lower the price I'm asking by keeping the SD card but it looks like the only device that can write to this card is the Kindle itself.

Is this SD card now permanently owned by the Kindle? When I put the card in my PC, I can't seem to change the permissions or do anything with it.

Nate the great
12-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Read/write is a hardware switch on one edge of the card. I don't see how the Kindle could change it.

marielle
12-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I didn't know there was a switch on SD cards but after cycling the switch off and on, I can't seem to reproduce the problem I was having.

Whatever...I must be crazy.

Thanks for the help. :)

delphidb96
12-17-2007, 02:31 AM
I have decided to sell my Kindle (check out Sacramento Craigslist if you are interested). Anyway, I thought I would lower the price I'm asking by keeping the SD card but it looks like the only device that can write to this card is the Kindle itself.

Is this SD card now permanently owned by the Kindle? When I put the card in my PC, I can't seem to change the permissions or do anything with it.

Marielle,

Are you the one out of Roseville listing it for $800+!!! If so, such a deal!!! not.

Derek

igorsk
12-17-2007, 05:44 AM
Well, if there are people willing to buy for this price, why not?

delphidb96
12-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, if there are people willing to buy for this price, why not?

But of course!

Yeah... I went into Amazon to see what I could see and, lo and behold, at 11PM (my time) someone had just started a 1-day listing at $0.99! So I bid on it. By this morning (6:30AM) it had skyrocketed up to $395 and right now, with 11 hours left, it's holding at $430. Gotta love the artificiality of Christmas 'demand' outstripping 'supply'. :D

Derek

marielle
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Marielle,

Are you the one out of Roseville listing it for $800+!!! If so, such a deal!!! not.

Derek

I never said it was a "deal". In any case, I moved the listing from craigslist to ebay. I checked the Kindles on ebay yesterday and noticed that, even at that price, mine was the lowest priced "Buy it Now" in the country (not counting people who were selling Kindles they hadn't even received). I suddenly had this horrible feeling that someone might actually buy it and I would have to give up my Kindle. I took it off ebay and it is no longer for sale.

Marielle

rho1640
12-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I suddenly had this horrible feeling that someone might actually buy it and I would have to give up my Kindle. I took it off ebay and it is no longer for sale.

Marielle

Your post above made me smile this morning - that is exactly something I would do - so I am guessing you are enjoying your Kindle - I can't wait for mine to get here. I actually have a countdown widget on my desktop for it. :p