View Full Version : CSS troubles in ADE

xmlgirl
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi All, This is my first post here and my second day working with epub format.
My CSS and document look great in a web browser and I just download Sigil and it looks good there too, but when I open it in ADE none of my tex indents are there. It's an outline style document. I'm using -
text-indent: 5em;
I realize that not all of CSS is supported, but this is pretty basic.
Any insight you can offer would be great. Thanks!

Jellby
03-23-2012, 08:08 AM
ADE tends to ignore the whole stylesheet if there is anything it doesn't like. Try validating the CSS and correct any error or warning.

xmlgirl
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
There were a lot of extra definitions in the stylesheet so I removed them and validated the rest. Sure enough, someone had thrown a x-medium font size in there that ADE did not like. Removed it and it works.

DiapDealer
03-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Come to think of it... why did "medium" get the short end of the stick when there's so many levels of small and large? Shouldn't there be at least medium-large and medium-small? ;)

theducks
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Come to think of it... why did "medium" get the short end of the stick when there's so many levels of small and large? Shouldn't there be at least medium-large and medium-small? ;)

he said 'x-medium' 2 garbage characters

DaleDe
03-26-2012, 12:43 PM

Well if you did that medium would still get the short end of the stick as using it for an adjective is not the same. There are seven defined sizes and I guess they wanted the center 3 to be small, medium, and large. Then they just stuck on x-small, xx-small, x-large, and xx-large for extreme ends. No really good way to interpret x-medium anyway. Is it bigger or smaller?

Dale

DiapDealer
03-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Nobody gets a joke anymore ('though I'll admit it might have been poorly executed)? ;)

DaleDe
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Nobody gets a joke anymore? ;)

Oh, I got it but expanded a bit on your comment and then answered as if you really wanted to know.

Dale