Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Office Depot Sale on 1GB & 2GB SD Cards

In today's paper in an advertising supplement for Office Depot they have a listing for a San Disk 1 GB card for $9.99 and a 2 GB card for $19.99.

I have used the San Disk SD card in my PRS-500 with great results.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
cfw123
Enthusiast
cfw123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
SDHC cards for 4 GBs

With the Kindle, you'll probably never take out the SD card unless it fills up. So why settle for just 2 GB when you can have 4 GB, and go much longer before it fills up. Yes -- even though the Kindle documention doesn't say, it does support the 4 GB SDHC (HC for High Capacity), and I have one mounted in my Kindle. It shows a memory size of 3.8 GB but I'm sure some portion of it is taken up by overhead, and that's so much better than the measly 180 MB that shows for the local memory.

I called he Kindle support and asked why they didn't specify that the SD drive was HC complient. Their answer was that it had not been tested (!!!). But I tested it, it does work, so I called them back and told them so. Hopefully they'll tell that to everyone who calls about it from now on.

Charles Wilkes
cfw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those of us that have a Sony Reader (and this is posted in the Sony Accessories area), 2 GB is the upper limit for SD cards. On the 505 you can go to 8 GB using a Memory Stick giving you a total of 12 GB additional storage.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfw123 View Post
It shows a memory size of 3.8 GB but I'm sure some portion of it is taken up by overhead, and that's so much better than the measly 180 MB that shows for the local memory.
And how much memory do you really need for a few weeks' or months' worth of reading? Seriously. I have almost a year's worth in under 100 MB.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer

The extra storage is good if you want to keep mp3s, pictures, or graphic intensive files like magna,

All of the MobileRead downloads for the Sony Reader are still under 1 GB.
Advert
Old 12-10-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
For those of us that have a Sony Reader (and this is posted in the Sony Accessories area), 2 GB is the upper limit for SD cards. On the 505 you can go to 8 GB using a Memory Stick giving you a total of 12 GB additional storage.
I think you mean 10GB, RWood.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I think you mean 10GB, RWood.
Right. What we need here is a PhD in Math and not one of those 1 + 1 = 11 types.