Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
magkelly
magkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: T310 Cruz Tablet
Caliber On Android?

Does anyone know if there are plans in the works to make a Caliber for Android or if there is such an application? I understand it works with WordPlayer a bit but I was hoping the developer would come out with a version for my Cruz and other android readers. WordPlayer isn't bad but it's no Caliber. I don't mean just transferring books from my PC version of Caliber into another book reader. I mean a full on Caliber reader that I can have on the Cruz. Like on the PC. I saw this but it's not what I mean...

https://market.android.com/details?i...rary.apk&hl=en

Last edited by magkelly; 02-24-2012 at 06:42 AM.
magkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by magkelly View Post
Does anyone know if there are plans in the works to make a Caliber for Android or if there is such an application? I understand it works with WordPlayer a bit but I was hoping the developer would come out with a version for my Cruz and other android readers. WordPlayer isn't bad but it's no Caliber. I don't mean just transferring books from my PC version of Caliber into another book reader. I mean a full on Caliber reader that I can have on the Cruz. Like on the PC. I saw this but it's not what I mean...

https://market.android.com/details?i...rary.apk&hl=en
Calibre is NOT (just) a Reader (the included e-book-viewer is a small part).
Calibre is a Library manager and conversion tool.

That said, I am pretty sure that an maintained compatible Android port would be accepted if submitted
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That said, I am pretty sure that an maintained compatible Android port would be accepted if submitted
I'm not sure if that's even required. Looks like it's already possible to compile Calibre on ARM without modifications to the source code.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=151064
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...56#post1746656

Since Calibre's not designed for a tablet environment, though, not sure how well that would work user interface-wise.

As for Android reader apps with better library management features, check out Mantano Reader. I'm not even sure if WordPlayer is still being maintained. I didn't see the actual app on the Android Market, just text to speech add-ons.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
magkelly
magkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beautymagkelly does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: T310 Cruz Tablet
I'm well aware of all Caliber's capacities. I've been using it for a long while. I just love the entire application and would love to see it ported in some way for android actually. The reader in it is my favorite. It's very comfortable for me. I'll check out the other though, thanks. I don't think WordPlayer is being updated but so far it's the only reader that works for me. I definitely prefer it to the others I've tried.
magkelly is offline   Reply With Quote