Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Brandon202000
Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: SONY
Unhappy LRF Font Size Change

I'm truely pleased to find so many wonderful books already in LRF format. Unfortunately, I have a problem. Given the condition of my eye sight, I find the font size too small for comfortable reading, even after the L (Large) font size is selected on the SONY Reader. Does anyone know if there is a way to change the font size, i.e., make it bigger, after an LRF formatted book has already been made?

Thanks in advance,

Brandon Fox
Brandon202000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #2
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
I don't know if you can change the font of a LRF document after it has been generated, but you can try to read in landscape mode in L. That should give you the best viewing fonts...

(edit : to go into landscape, I think you just have to press and hold the size button )

(edit bis : by the way : welcome to mobileread !!)
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There is no way to change the available font size in an existing LRF file.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually you can decompile the LRF into LRS, which is a simple XML file and then bump up the font sizes in that and then re-compile

Unfortunately, I've only written lrf2lrs so far, not lrs2lrf
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Actually you can decompile the LRF into LRS, which is a simple XML file and then bump up the font sizes in that and then re-compile

Unfortunately, I've only written lrf2lrs so far, not lrs2lrf
While it would be great to have lrs2lrf the one you did is probably enough since there are other tools like BookDesigner that might be coerced into reading an LRS file. Has anyone tried that? Of course this is always Librie code somewhere.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
If it's possible to find the same books in RTF, try that. I open my RTF books on the desktop and change the font to Times size 16. You could try doing something more like 18 or 24. You can also edit the properties of the document to show the correct title and author, if you wish. I find the only drawback of RTF is that large books take a while to format when you first open them. Manybooks.net makes their public domain offerings available in RTF as well as LRF.
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote