View Full Version : epub bidirectional notes from a InDesign file

clemens14
01-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello,

I am trying to make epubs using indesign 5.5, with the least amount of tweaking after export.
A big problem are endnotes, given that in my indd files there are tons and they are all static.
With Kharel's "dynamic endnotes" script I can easily make the endnotes dynamic, but the problem is that when I export to epub, I only get unidirectional links, namely from the main text to the note, not the opposite, which I also need.
Interestingly InDesign foootnotes are exported correctly (i.e. the links work both ways) but it would take too much to manually change every endnote to footnote.
I was therefore wondering
A) if there was a way to make endnotes export with bidirectional links
B) if in case there was a way to convert the endnotes to footnotes, so that I could then export to epub with the properly linked notes
C) if there was a post epub export way to do the backward link (endnote to main text) in a automatic or semiautomatic way, perhaps using grep expressions (on the actual epub with monodirectional links).

Cheers

steve2112
05-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi

Firstly, I'm sorry I'm not actually answering your questions. I am looking at exactly the same issues as you mention in your post and, as no one had responded since January, I wondered if you had found the answers elsewhere?

Thanks

clemens14
05-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Hi,

I was kindly showed a solution using php by Cramik here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4184934

All the best