View Full Version : how to embed title and author

gteague
11-26-2007, 12:58 AM
anyone know how to get kindle to recognize the title and author in a homemade ebook such as those created with mobipocket creator?

in other words, none of the text files i've sent over have an author listed when using the sort function and i need as many sort keys as possible as my content expands.

i've been all through the mobipocket creator help and online faq and i can't see how it's done. i even examined some .mobi files i'd gotten from mobipocket, but they display in hex and i'm just not good at picking out the relevant portions.

thanks in advance,

/guy

mores
11-26-2007, 08:27 AM
i think you need to use a different program to embed author and title info into the PRC file. is it called "mobipocket publisher" ?
not sure ...

gteague
11-26-2007, 08:37 AM
i think you need to use a different program to embed author and title info into the PRC file. is it called "mobipocket publisher" ?
not sure ...

you're exactly right.

stupid of me really. when i installed mobipocket creator for some reason i selected the 'home' version instead of the 'publisher' version. perhaps i thought i had to pay for publisher.

at any rate, i had to uninstall completely to get the option back and now i have the metadata option under the view menu.

thanks for the accurate reply.

/guy

jbenny
11-26-2007, 10:45 AM
You could also edit the OPF file and add the additional metadata. A few of the allowed items are:

<dc:Title>Book Title Here</dc:Title>
<dc:Creator>Smith, John Q.</dc:Creator>
<dc:Language>en-us</dc:Language>
<dc:Date>11/26/2007</dc:Date>

Note that these seem to be case sensitive.