View Full Version : Nice Video Review of Kindle

bbusybookworm
11-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Heres a link to a review on JKontherun
There is quite a long video which provides somes good shots as well as some of the problems he has seen.

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2007/11/jkontherun-look.html

Have a Look

BBusyB

Update:
CNET's also got a look into it.
Its not as indept in some ways, but touches on some interesting points.

Rocketime
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Heres a link to a review on JKontherun
There is quite a long video which provides somes good shots as well as some of the problems he has seen.

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2007/11/jkontherun-look.html

Have a Look

BBusyB

Wow, he really illustrates the problems with the side keys. I've seen a few mentions of accidental key press but he really points out what a flaw it is.

SanAntone
11-23-2007, 12:13 PM
I had a little problem with it for the first few hours. Not anymore. I guess you get used to it.

I love having the "next page" keys on both sides of the device. I tend to use the one on the left side the most.

Sparrow
11-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Looking at the demonstration of him buying a book, there didn't seem to be much security.

I guess if it gets stolen you can just get Amazon to cancel your Kindle account; but, for a prank, could someone borrow it and purchase hundreds of books on your account?

tsgreer
11-23-2007, 01:04 PM
I found out that if I am just reading, the page buttons aren't a problem, in fact I love them.

It's only when I take it out of it's case and am showing it to people that it's a problem. Then I am pushing them by mistake a lot

gregr209
11-23-2007, 01:42 PM
I wonder if there is a way one can turn one side off via a software hack or update or configuration setting? I bet we will be seeing, hopefully, a firmware update from Amazon in the near future to correct some minor issues.

Greg

Rocketime
11-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I wonder if there is a way one can turn one side off via a software hack or update or configuration setting? I bet we will be seeing, hopefully, a firmware update from Amazon in the near future to correct some minor issues.

Greg

That's a great idea. I'm sure someone will develop a hack based on that thought.