View Full Version : kobobooks.com - Where is my book?

Julien Pham
01-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi,

I have purchased several books on kobobooks.com, and never had an issue. Now I just purchased another book, I have paid with paypal, I can see the book in my account / purchase history, but the book does not appear in my library on the kobobooks.com website, not in the reading tab, and not in the purchased tab as well.

When I go to kobobooks.com in my account / purchase history and click on the book, I have a message saying this book is in my library... but it is not...

So, where is my book?

Thanks ;)

paulsalter
01-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I have had this happen once

try finding the book in the store again, then click the little 'i' symbol and choose get a preview, for me this added the missing book

Julien Pham
01-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Yes the support asked me to click the "i" icon (the one after the text Adobe ePub DRM?) but when I click the icon nothing happens...

paulsalter
01-07-2012, 10:06 AM
trying doing it from the previous page instead of when you click into the book

I have just tried and when I am viewing the book details the 'i' does nothing, from main page it seems ok

Julien Pham
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks it worked ;)

paulsalter
01-07-2012, 10:12 AM
glad it worked :)

melmac
01-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Just a little aside but does anyone else find that clicking the little 'i' on the main page causes their browser to freeze for a minute? It does it every time on mine and I find it incredibly annoying so much so that I've stopped clicking the 'i' and would rather go all the way into the book for its info and then back out again. I've seen the behaviour here and at work IE8 & IE9

HarleyB
01-07-2012, 05:37 PM
melmac I have exactly the same problem. I always just click on the book rather than use the little i. I have the problem even if my mouse just rolls over the i. It's very annoying.

taming
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Very often books that are not in I'm Reading or Purchased are in "trash". You can restore from there.

melmac
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
melmac I have exactly the same problem. I always just click on the book rather than use the little i. I have the problem even if my mouse just rolls over the i. It's very annoying.

Thanks Harley it's good to know it's not just my system