Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
ChrisDuncan
ChrisDuncan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
A Song of Ice & Fire Chapters

Hi,

I have just bought the four book version of this (Game of Thrones etc.) however at the end of each chapter the reader returns to a previous chapter not the next one. I have managed to swap chapters manually so far but this is going to get a bit of a pain as I get further into the books.

Does anyone know how to make the chapters run properly please.
ChrisDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDuncan View Post
Hi,

I have just bought the four book version of this (Game of Thrones etc.) however at the end of each chapter the reader returns to a previous chapter not the next one. I have managed to swap chapters manually so far but this is going to get a bit of a pain as I get further into the books.

Mine did that too but not for every chapter. There were a few chapters that wouldn't switch to the next one and I had to use the table of contents to get there. This was earlier last year so it would have been on a early firmware release so that might have made a difference.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
Mine only did this at the end of the books, where the index stuff starts.
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDuncan View Post
Hi,

I had that happen for me with a the new stephen king book. Had to move manually. The last update fixed this issue for me thankfully.

Good luck

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
This was happening to me on a different book I purchased from Kobo, except it would just return to some random chapter in the bible.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
There were times in that series when I had to turn off the device and restart it. I believe it was related to accidentally triggering the dictionary in my case. It was only near the end of each book that I had noticed it refused to finish going through the appendix. It would return to the start of the appendix.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The update fixed this for me, what version are you running? I also had to delete the bible and redownload.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
steven1979
steven1979 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Never had the issue. I'm just about to start book 3.
steven1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book series, chapters