View Full Version : Underlined TOC Links

EasternDiv
12-30-2011, 10:33 PM
My document was createad in Microsoft Word, then saved as html. I have removed the underlining in the Table of Contents, in the html file:

a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;
text-decoration:none;}

The contents are far more attractive without the ugly underlines. My html file renders just the links perfectly fine, that is, with no underlines.

However, when I convert to ePub and open the ebook on iPad, the links are disappointingly underlined.

Can anyone tell me why this is the case and how to handle it?

Thank you very much.

HarryT
12-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Moved to the ePub forum. Please post your message in the correct forum section - it makes life easier for everyone that way!

Thanks.

Toxaris
01-02-2012, 05:01 AM
For one, it could be that the iBooks is ignoring your CSS. It ignores several CSS settings. On another note, you don't need a TOC. An ePUB has an internal TOC which is usually more than sufficient.

AZdave
01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
As a practical item I would want links underlined. Or else how would I know them links? In a web browser I can cursor over the link and see where it points. In my ereader I have no way of telling what is a link or just plain text.

At least if I see an underline I can tap or get a stylus and try to open the link.

Jellby
01-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Entries in TOC, or footnote numbers are obvious things to try, even if they are not underlined.