View Full Version : Adobe Digital Editions problem with Kobo

CazMar
12-14-2011, 09:20 PM
I hadn't used ADE a lot recently as I prefer Calibre, but our library has now started lending ebooks and that requires ADE. I have an older Kobo and it always worked with ADE without any problems, but suddenly it has started crashing as soon as the Kobo is plugged in. This happens on my Windows 7 computer and a netbook running Win XP so that probably rules out the computer as the problem, it has to be the software or the Kobo.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Jim Lester
12-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Most likely it's a file (or files) on your Kobo that ADE is trying to read. I would start with seeing if there is a Digital Editions directory on your Kobo and renaming it (in particular a really bad manifest.xml may be causing problems). After that it may be a file that is labelled as an epub or PDF that actually isn't.

CazMar
12-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Most likely it's a file (or files) on your Kobo that ADE is trying to read. I would start with seeing if there is a Digital Editions directory on your Kobo and renaming it (in particular a really bad manifest.xml may be causing problems). After that it may be a file that is labelled as an epub or PDF that actually isn't.

Thanks Jim - that makes much more sense than the reply Adobe gave me! I am about to get a new ebook reader but I would like to use the old one at home for other family members, so perhaps a good clean-up of old files etc might get rid of this problem.