View Full Version : Displays Japanese text

roquet
11-07-2007, 05:24 AM
Can the Cybook Gen3 display Japanese? I'd be interested in having a good Japanese-English dictionary on there (though the main reason for getting it would be to read English novels which are hard to find/expensive in Japan).

Thanks

Hadrien
11-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Can the Cybook Gen3 display Japanese? I'd be interested in having a good Japanese-English dictionary on there (though the main reason for getting it would be to read English novels which are hard to find/expensive in Japan).

Thanks

It should support japanese through embedded fonts in PDF files.

roquet
11-07-2007, 07:28 AM
It should support japanese through embedded fonts in PDF files.

and could it run an Japanese-English dictionary? The more I think about about it , the less likely it seems. An electronic dictionary, especially where non-roman character languages are involved, can get pretty complicated.

Hadrien
11-07-2007, 07:38 AM
and could it run an Japanese-English dictionary? The more I think about about it , the less likely it seems. An electronic dictionary, especially where non-roman character languages are involved, can get pretty complicated.

I don't know about this. Is there such a dictionnary available in Mobipocket format ? Look for it on mobipocket's website...

tribble
11-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Isnt Japanaese a right to left language? If so, the it is not supported. The CyBook only support left to right languages at the moment.
http://www.bookeen.com/specs/ebook-software.aspx

roquet
11-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Isnt Japanaese a right to left language?

in a book Japanese goes top to bottom and the vertical lines of text go right to left. Doesn't sound like it'll work... :unafraid: