View Full Version : Problems with Kindle Fire

kdoc
11-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Can you help me with these:

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.

2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.

3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?

4. the Font is tiny in Google and Wikipedia: can anything be done about that?

5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.

Please Help
kdoc

tomsem
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
There is a forum for the Fire here. I would ask your questions there.

kdoc
11-20-2011, 03:02 PM
OK, can you tell me where it is? The URL?

kdoc

Batman Jr.
11-20-2011, 03:09 PM

kdoc

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243

Nyssa
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM

kdoc

The Kindle Fire Sub-Forum is HERE (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=243). I have already requested that this thread be moved there for you, so that you do not have to start a new one.

Merischino
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm going to do this because i had it handy, but asking on a forum for the link to another of that same forum's threads is, to put it nicely, bad etiquette.

To find something on this forum (or any other) use the "search" option at the top menu bar of the web page before posting for help.

Here's the link for the Kindle Fire discussion. It can be found again easily as a sticky near the top of the list when you click on "new posts", or by doing a search for "kindle fire".

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157184&highlight=kindle+fire

I'm new to the kindle world (just got the fire) so won't attempt to answer your original post because I am still learning how the kindle world does things and how the kindle fire may or may not differ from other kindle products. Good luck in your search!

kdoc
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Thank You

pdurrant
11-20-2011, 04:46 PM
This thread has been moved.

foreverjuly
11-20-2011, 05:03 PM
To the OP: for the first one, go to your account on Amazon and go to Manage Your Kindle, which should have a list of your content. You can then go to the scroll bar on the right of any item and choose where to redistribute or send your specific files. That should help you out, otherwise calling customer service might be the solution.

for #5: there was another launcher app that would've allowed people to get rid of the carousel, but as of today it is no longer supported for the Fire. No way around it anymore...for now.

sirmaru
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Can you help me with these:

1. have the older Kindle, and now the Fire. I downloaded a sample book and "bought" some free books from Amazon into the Fire, but they don't 't show up in the older Kindle. I turned on Wireless in both, and clicked on Sync in the Fire. What is going on? (All of my books and underlines which were on the older Kindle went effortlessly onto the Fire). Also, they didn't show up in the Fire if I used Amazon on the computer to download them; I had to control the purchase it from the Kindle Fire.

Go to "Books" and then click "Cloud." All your books will be there. Then download each. Then they will be on your "Device." Then use the long hold on each and move them to your Favorites on your Shelves.

2. Can I use the older charger (from old Kindle), on this new one? It's more compact.

No, you cannot. The old charger would take too long to apply the charge to the Fire.

3. Sometimes I have to hit the screen several times--sometimes hard--to get it to respond. Is this the way it is, or do I have a faulty one?

That's just the way it works. You have to tap it with the right amount of pressure at the correct point. Practice makes perfect.

4. the Font is tiny in Google and Wikipedia: can anything be done about that?

Hold your Fire in Landscape and using two fingers touch the screen and move outward to enlargen the fonts.

5.Can that ridiculous carousel be changed --we don't need at Home to see everything in the cloud.

Please Help
kdoc

Swipe it upwards to hide it and only see your Shelves of Favorites.

kdoc
11-21-2011, 12:16 AM
All great answers. Thank you.

BTW to all of you: when I clicked the URL to your response in my email, Mozilla wouldn't connect, but IE would. Does anyone know why?

kdoc