View Full Version : Do Android widgets work?

taoofpu2
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
The Fire is my first exposure to android so after I set up Go Launcher EX I started looking around for widgets but saw on the forum something that suggested widgets won't work. Is that the case? Tx

Blossom
11-19-2011, 04:48 PM
The Fire is my first exposure to android so after I set up Go Launcher EX I started looking around for widgets but saw on the forum something that suggested widgets won't work. Is that the case? Tx

I don't know with an alternative launcher but with the default one they won't work at all. If they work with another launcher you just long press on screen to bring the widget menu up and choose the widget you want usually.

taoofpu2
11-19-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't know with an alternative launcher but with the default one they won't work at all. If they work with another launcher you just long press on screen to bring the widget menu up and choose the widget you want usually.

Thanks Blossom. I am getting items to pop up in notifications from the widgets I tried to install but I'm a long way from saying they work. When I get home from work I'll do some more testing.

taoofpu2
11-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Widgets can be used on the Fire. I do have "Fancy Widgets" and "Batterytime Lite" working Go Launcher EX so you may need to use it or another launcher if you want widgets.