View Full Version : Nook Simple Touch font issue.

xstealx
11-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Most books are fine but in some of my books when I change font face, only the first word in the chapter title and italic words changes, the rest is some default serif-font. I guess this must be some kind of markup problem that could be solved with a conversion. Any suggestions?

It happens with several but not all books (epub) that I downloaded from the library.

(Note that the Publisher Defaults is not checked or grayed out.)

DoctorOhh
11-16-2011, 05:54 AM
My suggestion is to explore this question in the epub forum (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179).

xstealx
11-16-2011, 07:38 AM
Sorry if this ended up in the wrong forum, feel free to move this into ePub forum.

Jim Lester
11-16-2011, 05:46 PM
If I understand you correctly this is a known issue (publisher settings set the fonts at a higher level of specificity than the userstyle sheet is overriding to set the fonts) - also by 'your books' you mean books that you are reading rather than books you are writing.

If so then this is fixed in the NookTablet, will be fixed soon in the NookColor and will most likely be fixed in a future ( after 1.1 ) update to the the Nook STR

xstealx
11-17-2011, 10:11 AM
If I understand you correctly this is a known issue (publisher settings set the fonts at a higher level of specificity than the userstyle sheet is overriding to set the fonts) - also by 'your books' you mean books that you are reading rather than books you are writing.

If so then this is fixed in the NookTablet, will be fixed soon in the NookColor and will most likely be fixed in a future ( after 1.1 ) update to the the Nook STR

Thank you Jim, you understood my question right. "My books" are books that I'm reading, not writing. I guess I'll just have to wait for another update then.