View Full Version : Strange gaps in pages

Nightstalker
11-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi all,
I have this ereader,bought it off ebay.

The problem im having is that in every book I try to read on it there are huge gaps of nothing every couple of pages which never appear in Calibre or when I read the same books on my laptop.

A typical page would look like this for example:

There would be a sentence here and then

A huge gap:rolleyes:I just dont know why this happens or how to fix it.Anyone had this problem?
My reader used EPUB or Mobi.

Thanks

Toxaris
11-14-2011, 02:33 AM
What reading kit is included on the device? A form of ADE or native? It could be that the reader cannot handle @page and line-height in the CSS. I know iBooks has also issues with it.

AlexBell
11-14-2011, 04:02 AM
What reading kit is included on the device? A form of ADE or native? It could be that the reader cannot handle @page and line-height in the CSS. I know iBooks has also issues with it.

I'm sorry if I'm taking the thread off topic, but could you please give more information about the difficulties iBooks has with @page and line-height?

Or even more important, could you please give a reference where iBooks problems are discussed?

Jellby
11-14-2011, 04:54 AM
Do the gaps appear in very long paragraphs?

Toxaris
11-14-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry if I'm taking the thread off topic, but could you please give more information about the difficulties iBooks has with @page and line-height?

Or even more important, could you please give a reference where iBooks problems are discussed?

I was mistaken, it was not @page and line-height, but @page and height. One reference of this issue is in this (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134482) thread.