Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
"Personal letter about lending"

Did anyone else get the "Personal letter about lending" from Amazon when they first tried library lending on the Kindle? I've received 2 so far and I have no idea what's in the there because they're not being delivered to my Kindle; they're just sitting there in the Pending Deliveries queue. Actually, I have 4 items (image attached) in this queue that just refuses to be delivered to my Kindle I've received books and personal documents before and after but these 4 are just stuck. This is the same problem I posted about here that was never resolved (though it was for a different Kindle then).

Anyway, I'm wondering if the letter about lending is a generic notice that is sent to everyone? If so, I'd appreciate if someone would be kind enough to post the body of the letter (whether as text or an image) here so I can just see what's in there. Of course, please black-out any identifying info, like your name/name of your Kindle etc.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pending.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	77517  
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's the notice that your lending (or loan) period has expired (or you returned the loan). I had two pending until I turned my wireless on and then they were delivered. It contains a link to purchase the book if you want to, but that's about it. I've no idea why they would be stuck in a pending state for you, though.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-09-2011 at 10:52 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's the notice that your lending (or loan) period has expired. I had two pending until I turned my wireless on and then they were delivered. It contains a link to purchase the book if you want to, but that's about it. I've no idea why they would be stuck in a pending state for you, though.
Oh, is that all? That makes sense since the letters only showed up after I returned books. Since Amazon sends you an email after you return a book, I thought the notice contained other information. Thanks; my mind is now at ease
Old 10-09-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
for problems with delivering notices under personal document settings on the kindle site make sure that automatic delivery is enabled.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by janrey View Post
for problems with delivering notices under personal document settings on the kindle site make sure that automatic delivery is enabled.
Auto delivery is enabled, and I don't have a problem with getting personal documents; it's just 4 particular items (see the image attached to my OP). I had a similar problem with my last Kindle (K3 wifi-only), except it had to do with wireless delivery of samples.
Advert
Old 10-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
ellaguru
ellaguru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It appears to me that the "personal letter" is how expired books are removed from the device!

I have only borrowed two books so far -- I didn't connect wireless for several days after book was expired -- at which point the book was changed to the personal letter indicating that the book was returned. But, keeping wireless off seems to allow infinite reading?!

I've used calibre to transfer both books, and so it might actually be removing DRM... I'm not sure how I have it set up actually.
In that case the personal letter seems to be a way to delete books from the device that had their DRM removed.
ellaguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:52 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Yep it's about your library loan expired. Annoying like the personal documents waiting letter.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yep it's about your library loan expired. Annoying like the personal documents waiting letter.
Yeah, I hate that letter; I always delete it right away or else it'll drive me batty just seeing it on the homepage
Old 10-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Yeah, I hate that letter; I always delete it right away or else it'll drive me batty just seeing it on the homepage
It makes no sense either. I never use 3G only WiFi to synch so you would think I wouldn't be pestered every time I send something to the Pdoc cloud. *sigh*
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote