View Full Version : eReader apps in Amazon Store which hopefully will install on KFire

jswinden
10-02-2011, 04:41 PM
I spent a little time searching through the Amazon Appstore for eBook reader apps. I have no idea whether Amazon will allow any of these to be installed on the Kindle Fire, other than the Kindle app, but it will be great if they do. Here is the list of apps I've located so far. I left out any minor players.

Aldiko
Djenne Book Reader
gBook eReader
Gutenberg eReader
Kindle
Kobo
Mantano
Moon+ Reader

HarryT
10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
I've changed the thread title to "... install ON KFire" which I assume is what was intended?

Blossom
10-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Mantano is my favorite. :) Cool Reader would be second but it's not in the Amazon market I don't think. They are both epub readers.

You can download apk for Cool Reader from it's homepage so it can be sideloaded if that is allowed on the Fire.

jswinden
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks Harry, that does convey the meaning in a more proper way.

tomsem
10-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Although Amazon VP (forget his name) said KF would have 'great' PDF support (presumably to support the new Kindle 'fixed layout' format), I'd like to see ezPDF so you can do 'real' PDF annotations. It's in the AAS I believe. Aldiko/Mantano do PDF annotations but they are (I think) XML files and not something Acrobat etc. deals with.