Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Thumbs up Delphi Classics Customer Service

I received an email from Delphi Classics that a book I had purchased from the Kindle store had been updated and to contact Amazon for the new file. I did so---twice---and still seemed to be getting the old file. The last time I talked to Amazon, they said that maybe the file had not been updated by the vendor yet, so I emailed Delphi Classics directly to ask them what the situation was. I received an email from Peter, who seems to be the president of the company. And he emailed me personally with the updated file!

I was considering buying other books from this series and had done so in the past through Amazon so I could use the sync feature to read on iPad and on Kindle. But considering what a hassle it seems to be to get the files updated if you don't buy through them, I decided to buy a new book from them. It was super-easy and when I wrote Peter back to thank him for his help, I indicated that I would buy from their store again. He replied with a thank you message which included a FREE book (Thomas Hardy complete works) which he thought I might enjoy 'based on your previous purchases.'

I am very impressed with this company. The books look very good and not only did he send me the update for the book I had already, but he sent me a whole free other book too and was very pleasant to deal with. I have joined their mailing list to be informed of future titles and am a very satisfied customer.

Now---any suggestions for dealing with Amazon to get my other books updated?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote