Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
killercatfish
killercatfish began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Canvas in ePub

Hello!

Is there anyone here who can help me figure out where I put this code: Touch Canvas

In this post it talks about creating the javascript code for a script useable on an iPad. I would like to embed this into an ePub (put it in an object perhaps?)

Could someone help me with this, or point me in the correct direction? I am creating a math text book and I would like my students to be able to work problems out directly in the epub.

Thanks!

-Josh
killercatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I am not quite if it is possible in an ePUB. If it is, it will only work on iPad and it will no longer be a valid ePUB. It would be a quirk of the reading software whether it would work.
Perhaps when the new specs from the IDPF are approved it is possible, but then the question remains whether the implementation of Apple will follow specs.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
canvas, javascript